Most people have heard of GPS technology, and global positioning satellites that orbit the planet can provide you with very useful real time data that will revolutionise your business and there are established providers that offer a comprehensive solution. Here are just a few ways that using this technology can assist your business.
- Route Planning – Planning routes for your nationwide deliveries can be a major headache that can result in wasting both time and money, which is why you should use a local GPS solutions provider. Whether you have a few vehicles on the road, or a huge fleet that delivers around the country, this specialised software uses real time data to help you plan the best routes for your drivers.
- Monitor Driver Behaviour – When your delivery drivers are on the road, you have to take their word regarding events that happen while working, unless you are using GPS tracking, which can monitor every aspect of the delivery route, including route taken, speed and current location. You can install interior and exterior cams and they allow you to see and communicate with a driver in real time, without having to go to the expense of making a phone call.
- Informing Customers of Delivery Times – It can be embarrassing when a customer calls you to ask when their consignment will be delivered, but with a state-of-the-art GPS system in place, you can literally tell the customer the current location of their consignment, plus you can accurately predict when the delivery will take place. With an easy-to-use dashboard, you can instantly bring up data on every package and this allows you to answer any client enquiry within seconds.
- Verifying the Cause of an Accident – Accidents can happen at any time and if you have installed exterior cams on all your delivery vehicles, you have actual footage of any incident, which can be downloaded and used as evidence in the event the cause of an accident is in dispute. This could save you a lot of time and money and eliminate the chances of being blamed for an accident that was not the fault of your driver.
- Producing Real Time Reports – The system interface allows you to print out a wide range of reports that are in graph format, which enables you to see areas that could be improved. If, for example, some drivers are taking too long with their deliveries, you can quickly discover the reason why and by printing out the report, the driver can also see where they are going wrong.
If your business involves delivering products, whether locally or nationally, using a GPS tracking system that is web-based puts you in control at all times and that takes the headache out of route planning and delivery in general.
With all of the above benefits, it certainly does make sense to use a GPS tracking system to gather critical data regarding the status of deliveries, and by searching online, you can find an established supplier.