10 Tips for Finding Discounted Cruise Tickets
Let’s face it. If you’re looking to go on a cruise, you want it to be high quality. After all, it’s likely you’ll have to take time off from work, coordinate schedules with family members, and map out your finances. The trip might as well be worth all that effort!
So how do you find inexpensive cruise tickets without compromising on the quality of your vacation? Check out these ten tips to get you started:
- Check out Twitter. Often travel agencies will tweet last-minute bargains. Cruise lines will also post promotions. This can be a quick and easy way to save money when booking your tickets.
- Book ahead. Depending on when you are planning your cruise, finding any last-minute deals is almost a hopeless cause. For the most popular travel times of the year, be sure to book several months in advance.
- Creative couponing. Often special deals will come up on boutique or daily deal sites. Keep an eye out for these. You may be surprised by what you find.
- Cruise clubs. Becoming a partner in a cruise club not only helps you find discounts, but also gives you a chance to earn a little income along the way.
- Travel packages. Some cruise lines offer deals that cover airfare, hotel, and tour expenses. These kinds of deals could easily save you money in the long run.
- Cabin guarantees. Taking the cabin guarantee offers might be a good fit if you aren’t sensitive to noise or prone to seasickness. You’ll pay less and, with some luck, get an upgrade from what you originally purchased.
- Book in bulk. The more the merrier! Cruise lines typically offer lower prices if you come with a group of ten or more.
- Shoulder seasons. Avoiding peak seasons can also help you avoid higher fees. This is a helpful route to take, especially if you already have a specific destination in mind.
- Special programs. Check to see if you qualify for senior, military, residential, or sometimes even school teacher discount rates.
- Discount emails. Try subscribing to e-letters from your favorite cruise lines. This is a great way to get last-minute deals or other promotions.
These tips should help you get a leg up on planning your next vacation and should ensure you get the most bang for your buck. The reality is, cruise lines want to fill their vacancies as much as you do, so with a little hunting, you should be able to find some reasonable deals.
Best of luck and happy sailing!