While the average plumber deals mainly with water systems, there are quite a few other services that you might find from a plumbing company. Plumbers are trained to handle a wide range of tasks, both in maintenance and repairs, and with that in mind, here are just a few of the essential services that you would find from your local plumbing company.
- No-Dig Pipe Relining – In the event a section of your drainage system needs to be replaced, you no longer have to have old pipes dug up and replaced, as there is a special service that can reline existing pipes without the need for excavation. This is relatively new technology and not every plumber would have the capability to reline drainage pipes, but you can likely find at least one that services your area and save yourself a lot of money in the process.
- Hot Water Systems: Repair & Maintenance – A qualified plumber is able to service or repair any hot water system, and you are recommended to have the unit serviced annually, to ensure that you are not using too much energy.
- Unblock Drains – Yes, your local plumbing company are more than qualified to unblock a drain, as they have special CCTV cameras that give them a close-up view of the blockage, thus allowing for speedy repairs. This can save you a lot of time and money, and while some homeowners are tempted to deal with it themselves, this doesn’t usually work, indeed, it often compounds the problem. If you live in Canberra or surrounding areas, check out kbcplumbing.com.au who employ special technicians that can make short work of any blockage.
- Kitchen & Bathroom Renovations – When you wish to revamp a wet room, your local plumber is the person to call, plus he would have access to top-quality appliances at trade prices, a discount they often pass onto the customer. In the event you would like to relocate your shower unit or the toilet, your local plumber is at your service, and this would not take longer than a few hours.
- Emergency 24-Hour Call Out – Not all plumbers offer such a service, but those that do have fully equipped mobile workshops and can tackle any emergency, so it is worth noting their emergency number; in the event of a worst-case scenario like a burst water pipe in the middle of the night. There are some plumbing issues that simply can’t wait and it is comforting to know that you have the contact number of a local expert who’s willing to come at the drop of a hat.
When looking for a plumbing company, make sure they directly employ their tradespeople, as this is a sign of first-class workmanship, and if the business is well-established in the community, even better. The Internet has brought us many benefits and should you ever require any of the above services, your best friend Google has the answer.