Cheesy Baked Potatoes
Potato is one of the vegetables that go with almost anything, and you can cook it in any way you like – be it fired, roasted, baked, or mashed. A potato dish that is hit in my home is baked potatoes with delicious shredded cheese and cheese sauce, popular known as liquid cheese in Australia.
Imagine, a spoon full creamy potatoes with dripping melted cheese coming towards you – isn’t it a fantasy. Let me help you turn this fantasy into reality.
After a few tries at home, now I can prepare this dish almost perfectly, here is the best recipe to make cheesy baked potatoes. Now grab a bag of potatoes and let’s get started!
Unpeeled Potatoes 4 Large
Butter ¼ Cup
Onion 1 Tablespoon, grated
Salt to taste
Thyme ½ Teaspoon, dried
Pepper 1/8 Teaspoon
Mexican Shredded Cheese 1 Cup
Parsley 1 Tablespoon
Olive Oil ½ Tablespoon
- Wash potatoes and cut it into small cubes so that the potatoes don’t take too much time to cook.
- Heat a pan and add some olive oil and toss the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Grease the baking dish with butter and add potato cubes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Bake the potatoes for about 25 minutes.
- Stir the potatoes once in a while otherwise they won’t brown evenly on all sides.
- Add cheese sauce and mix it well.
- Once it’s mixed, top the potatoes with Mexican shredded cheese.
- Bake for five more minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve while it’s hot.
- Make sure all the cubes are of the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcook the potatoes in step #2, toss it just to grease the potatoes.
- Taste the cheese sauce and shredded cheese to add the right amount of salt in the potato.
- If you don’t want too brown potatoes, you can lessen the baking time but make sure the potatoes are well cooked.
About the Author:
Rosemary Kobe is a homemaker who loves to play with her two little twin-toddlers at her homes in Sydney & Melbourne. She is one of the greatest foodies in Australia experimenting with a lot of dishes at home and occasionally heads out in search for best burgers in Gold Coast. If you know one – let her know in the comments below or mail me at [firstname.lastname@example.org]